Information for EEA/Swiss citizens post-Brexit

Now that the UK has left the EU, the immigration landscape looks significantly different for new EEA/Swiss colleagues. We've curated a selection of information below which we hope you'll find helpful. You can also sign up to our UK Visas and Immigration news update service

Moving to/living in the UK

Healthcare for EU citizens living in or moving to the UK

Benefits and pensions for EEA and Swiss citizens in the UK

Working in the UK 

EU Settlement Scheme (for EEA/Swiss citizens who were resident in the UK by 31 December 2020 and their non-EEA/Swiss family members)

Skilled Worker Visa (for eligible non-UK/Irish citizens in eligible skilled occupations in the UK)

Frontier Worker permit (for EEA/Swiss citizens who live in the EEA/Switzerland but travel to the UK for work)

Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange visa (T5) (for sponsored researchers to come to the UK to collaborate with counterparts at Leeds for up to 2 years) 

Other work visas

EEA-qualified and Swiss healthcare professionals practising in the UK

Social security contributions for workers coming to the UK from the EEA or Switzerland

Visiting the UK 

Visiting the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen (note: there are very specific limitations on entering the UK as a visitor)

Healthcare for visitors to the UK from the EU

How the UK's National Health Service (NHS) charges overseas visitors for NHS healthcare

If you have any queries, please contact us