How to write a skills profile
You will need to write a skills profile to join the Redeployment
You need to fill in every non-shaded section of the skills profile. Your HR Manager can help you fill it in and check it for you, and will fill in the shaded sections.
profile: outline your current role. Think about: What are you responsible for? Who do you work with? What planning do you do? What decisions do you make?
- Previous roles: outline any previous roles and skills gained from them.
- Any other information: any information that illustrates skills that haven’t yet been mentioned.
Your HR Contact will then complete your redeployment web summary. This is an overview of your skills and experience and will be the first thing managers read about you on the Redeployment
You will need to do
Example of a redeployment web summary
I am currently working as a senior manager and have over 10 years’ experience at the University of Leeds and almost 20 in the Higher Education sector. I have excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build strong and productive relationships and networks both internally and externally. I enjoy communicating with a wide variety of people and have experience of writing clear, concise and persuasive documentation for a variety of purposes and audiences.
My experience includes:
- Staff management
- Managing recruitment processes including assessing role requirements, writing job descriptions, interviewing and selection
- Disciplinary and sickness management
- Writing and delivering staff training sessions
- Management of change, staff
- Budget management and cost control