How and when you get paid

The day you get paid depends on the type of staff you are. If you don’t know what this is, you can find the information in your contract letter or contact HR to find out. You're paid directly in to your bank account; however, there are certain pieces of information you need to give to Payroll before this can happen.

When do I get paid?

You will normally be paid on the last working day of every month, and you will be paid for the month you have just worked.

Your first pay day after you start work might be in the month you start, or the following month, depending on your start date. 

How do I get paid?

Your salary will be paid by BACS (bank transfer) directly into your bank account.

For this to happen, you need to give your bank details to the Payroll office by completing a payroll bank details and starter declaration form which you can download below. Please fill in the form and return it with your signed contract letter. You'll need to send in the original, a scanned version or photocopy won't be accepted. You'll need to complete all sections of the form and send your P45 to the Payroll office in the EC Stoner Building so they can put you on the right tax code.

What happens if my bank details change?

If you change your bank details during your employment then you'll need to let Payroll know so your salary can be paid into the right account. You'll need to complete the payroll details form, which you can download below, with your new bank details and take it to the Payroll office or Human Resources in the EC Stoner Building with your photo ID (this can be your staff ID card, or a passport or driving licence). Payroll can then update their records.

If you're wondering why the only gender options on the payroll details form are "Male" and "Female", it's because we need to tell Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about you and, at the moment, male and female are the only gender options they'll accept.

What happens if I don’t get my bank details to Payroll in time?

You won't be paid until you provide your bank details to Payroll. 

Who can I contact if I have any questions about my pay?

If you have any questions about your net pay (your pay after tax, National Insurance Contributions (NICs) and any salary deductions have been taken) you can contact Payroll at  If you have a question about your gross pay (your pay before tax, NICs and any salary deductions) you can contact Human Resources: Operations, based in the EC Stoner Building, at