Benefits and discounts
All staff have access to a wide range of benefits, from support and advice at work to discounts on shopping and leisure.
As a member of staff you will automatically get:
- 26 days paid holiday every year, and approximately 16 days off for bank holidays and days when the University is closed (depending on how many hours you work);
- generous shared parental, maternity, adoption/surrogacy and paternity/partner leave;
- sickness benefits increasing with your length of employment;
- participation in the staff review and development scheme;
- access to a range of policies promoting work life balance and flexible working.
Organisational Development and Professional Learning (OD&PL), the library, sport and physical activity and staff centre all have their own websites and, if you wish, you can join one of the campus trade unions - UCU, UNISON or Unite.