We have a range of services available to staff.
For the body and mind
- The Chaplaincy gives support to
staffof all faiths or no faith.
- Occupational Health helps staff with health difficulties which affect their work, or whose work is affecting their health.
- The Staff Counselling and Psychological Support Service
staff who are under stress or supports or have psychological challenges. distress,
- You can find information on support for trans staff and students on the Equality Policy Unit website.
- As a member of staff working at a busy university, you may occasionally need a quiet space or prayer facilities during the day and the University caters for both. We also have information about other local places of worship.
- Weve got several libraries which youre welcome to borrow from.
- You can find information on health &
- If you're trying to give up
smoking,or would like to try, Occupational Health and the LOGIK Centre may be able to help, or you can contact NHS Smokefree.
- If you like sports, we have two indoor centres: The Edge has a swimming pool, exercise classes and a state of the art gym, and Gryphon Sports Centre has a sports hall and squash courts. Sports Park
Weetwoodis three miles away, and we have two outdoor centres in the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District.
- The Student Union has reasonably priced bars, shops and food stands.
- Our Benefits+ scheme has lots of deals and discounts for staff.
- The Equality Policy Unit can provide practical information on specific equality issues for staff working at the University The section contains information about the staff training opportunities offered and the various equality-related policies and good practice guidance the University has endorsed.
- Mentoring's available for all staff members, no matter what your job type or grade.
- If youre having trouble with someone you work with, and you need independent advice, the Mediation Service can help.
- If you need help with a matter relating to your employment, the recognised campus trade unions - UCU, Unite and UNISON - can provide help and support to their members.
- You can get job-related training and development with lots of seminars, courses and workshops from Organisational Development and Professional Learning (OD&PL) (formerly SDDU).
- If you want to do other courses not related to your
jobsuch as Spanish, wine tasting or yoga, visit the LOGIK Centre.
- For courses on IT, visit Information Technology.
- For a bit more of a relaxing time, try the Staff Centre Lounge to have lunch away from your desk, play a game of pool or catch up on the latest news on the plasma screen.
- Our award-winning Bright Beginnings Childcare Centre, rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted Early Years, takes care of children between 3 months and 5 years. It also operates a Playscheme during the school holidays which is registered for 32 children aged between 3 and 11 years.
- If youre moving to Leeds to work at the University, we can help you with staff accommodation.
- If youre coming to work at the University from another country, we have lots of help and advice for international staff.
- Staff networks are run by staff for staff and bring together people from all faculties, departments and services who identify with an under represented group or protected characteristic. They serve various functions including providing opportunities for social interaction, peer support and personal development. Staff networks can also contribute to the development of University policies and working practices. The University currently supports the following:
- The Women at Leeds Network supporting all female colleagues
- The Lesbian, Gay,
Bi-sexualand Trans staff network
- The Staff disability network
- The Black and Minority Ethnic staff network