This policy explains what you must do if you are ill and can’t come to work. It also tells you how much you will be paid if you are away from work because of illness.
- You should let your manager know if you are ill and unable to come to work.
- You will need to send a self-certificate sickness form to your manager if you are ill for more than three days. If you are ill for more than seven days you will need to send your manager a sick note from your doctor.
- You will be given up to six months full pay and six months half pay within a 12 month timeframe based on your length of service.
- You will be given Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) for 28 weeks depending on your weekly earnings.
- SSP is included when you are paid your full salary. When you receive half pay, SSP will be paid on top.
For the latest guidance on Covid related sickness, please see here.