All staff have access to a wide range of benefits, from support and advice at work to discounts on shopping and leisure.
As a member of staff you will automatically get:
- 26 days paid holiday every year, and approximately 16 days off for bank holidays and days when the University is closed (depending on how many hours you work);
- generous shared parental, maternity, adoption/surrogacy and paternity/partner leave;
- sickness benefits increasing with your length of employment;
- participation in the staff review and development scheme;
- access to a range of policies promoting work life balance and flexible working.
Organisational Development and Professional Learning (OD&PL), the library, sport and physical activity and staff centre all have their own websites and, if you wish, you can join one of the campus trade unions - UCU, UNISON or Unite.
Other benefits and discounts
There are a wide range of further benefits and discounts available to you as a member of University staff.
These range from access to our Bright Beginnings Childcare Centre, rated as outstanding by Ofsted Early Years, to special deals on train and bus travel and discounts on restaurants, entertainment and food, and even help if you have a short term financial crisis.
Click here to see the full range of benefits, discounts and offers available.