Part-time, hourly paid teaching staff
This guidance document explains the processes that should be followed when you appoint part-time, hourly paid teaching staff.
- The recruitment and selection process should be in line with our recruitment policy.
- Schools and services are responsible for carrying out pre-employment checks.
- All new teaching staff will need to have an appropriate induction to the school or service and the wider University.
- Individuals will be paid on the appropriate grade on the University salary and grading structure.
- The hours worked and length of employment contract will determine whether an appointment is made on an hourly or fractional basis.
- Hourly paid employment contracts will be issued by schools, fractional emploment contracts will be issued by HR.