Naming people on research grants
This document advises when it is permissible to recruit named individuals to research posts, without following the University's normal recruitment process.
- There are three ways in which it is possible to recruit named individuals to research posts, rather than following the usual University recruitment process. These are:
- when a principal researcher moves to the University and brings with them a research team;
- when research fellowship funding is awarded to an individual, who is not affiliated to the University at the time of the grant application;
- where a named individual is included in a grant application
- The processes for appointing someone through these three routes vary so if you are unclear on any aspect, please speak to your local HR Manager/Officer.