Resignation and periods of notice

This policy explains what you need to do if you want to resign from the University. It advises you of the notice period you need to give and the notice the University is obliged to give you if your employment is coming to an end. This depends on the type of contract you are on.

  • If you would like to resign or retire from the University you need to put it in writing to your Head of School/Service.
  • The notice period required by you or the University depends on the type of contract you are on and your grade.
  • You will be paid for any unused holiday entitlement but you should try to use up any holiday before you leave.
  • If you take too much holiday than you are entitled to when your contract ends, we will reduce your final salary by an amount equal to the overtaken holiday.