This policy explains what types of public service you can take time off for and how much time you can take. It will also explain what to do if you get paid for your public service.
- You can ask your Head of School, Service or Institute for time off to provide a public service. Examples of public services include Jury service, Armed services, Justice of the peace and a School governor.
- You can take up to 18 days paid leave every year.
- If you are chosen to chair a public body then you can take six additional days paid leave.
- Your leave days can be taken in half or full days.
- Finally, if you get any pay from a public body, or for your services, we will ask for this money back (not for money you get for food or travel). This money goes towards paying your salary.