The University offers its employees free subscription to the FAXI carpooling platform to help staff share the financial burden of driving to work and to help reduce air pollution and congestion issues in Leeds. The app enables carpool journeys to be validated by the University and for carpooling behaviour to be rewarded.
FAXI is an easy to use smartphone application that enables staff to identify colleagues who share a similar route to work and have similar working hours.
The app uses sensors in your smartphone to help you to record carpooling activity, which the University will use to reward the most sustainable car sharers.
The FAXI process:
1. Download the app and register your account
2. Find University employees with a similar route to campus
3. Connect with colleagues who share similar working hours
4. Create carpooling arrangements; on a weekly or daily basis
5. Automatically record shared journeys to be in with the opportunity to win some great prizes
It’s easy to join, you can download the app from the googleplay or apple app store or sign up via the web.
Follow these simple instructions for how to register on the app and create a car pool for your journey to work.