We welcome visitors from across the world to undertake a variety of academic activities, including conducting research, giving lectures and acting as examiners.

Non-visa nationals seeking leave to enter for six months or less do not need to apply for entry clearance in advance, they can obtain a visa on entry to the UK, although they can apply in advance. Visa nationals must apply for entry clearance in advance in all cases.

To determine the appropriate visa for the required visit, please refer to the ‘Immigration Arrangements – Visitors’ document and the UK Visas & Immigration ‘A UK visa guide for academics’ document via the links below.