This policy explains how much time off you can take if you adopt a child or have a child through a surrogacy arrangement. It also explains how much you will be paid during your leave.
- You can take up to 52 weeks adoption/surrogacy leave.
- If you have 52 weeks or more continuous service with us you will be given University adoption pay of up to 16 weeks full pay or eight weeks full pay and 16 weeks half pay.
- You will also be given 39 weeks Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP) depending on your earnings.
- SAP will be included in your full pay. When you are on half pay it will be on top of that amount.
- If you dont qualify for University adoption pay you will be given SAP depending on your earnings.
- If you wish to end your adoption/surrogacy leave early, you can choose to share the remaining weeks and pay with your partner by opting into Shared Parental Leave.
Our policy endeavours to be fully inclusive and supportive of all types of couples and family relationships and we have attempted to reflect this within our policy. Where individual staff members are in relationships not outlined in the document and are finding barriers to access, we encourage a conversation with your HR Manager. We will evolve our policy in line with your feedback, regulations, best practice and legislative developments.