This policy outlines when it is acceptable to consume alcohol at work. Further, it advises managers on how to manage employees with alcohol and substance problems.
- You must not consume alcohol or substances at work.
- There may be times when alcohol can be consumed, such as marking a special occasion. However, your manager must agree to allow this.
- To support a member of your staff, if you think they have a problem with alcohol or substance misuse, you can:
- refer them to Occupational Health.
- give them time off to get help from an outside service.