This policy explains how you can apply for time off for work related training, and who you need to ask to get the time off.
- You can apply for time off for training if you have been employed at the University for more than 26 weeks and if you haven't made an application under this policy within the last 12 months.
- Your Head of School/Service must authorise the University's contribution to training fees and time off for training.
- You will need to complete an application form and pass it to your Head of School/Service for authorisation, a decision should be made within 28 days.
- If youre not allowed time off for training, you can appeal against the decision.
- This policy has not yet been agreed with the trade unions.