Close personal relationships with students

This policy gives you information about what to do if you become involved in a close personal relationship with a student.

  • If you have a close personal relationship with a research student, they won’t be allowed to work under your supervision.
  • If the person is a research student that you are supervising you must declare the relationship to your Head of School. 
  • For all other students you must declare it to a senior colleague or third party as advised by the Human Resources Director.
  • Steps will be taken to reorganise any work as needed.