There are a number of different recruitment and selection training sessions. If you are going to shortlist and/or sit on an interview you need to have at least had some equality and diversity training.
- The Staff and Departmental Development Unit (SDDU) run two half day training sessions on recruitment and selection. Attending both of these will give you a good understanding of the whole recruitment and selection process and will help you put some of the ideas into practice. Both sessions include an equality and diversity overview.
- SDDU runs an equality and inclusion course for managers.
- Equality & Inclusion Essentials e-learning course. This online course provides University staff with an introduction to the concepts of equality, inclusion and diversity and gives an overview of the main legislation and its practical implications. To register click here and go to the new users section. Create a username (using letters and numbers only, not symbols) and complete the rest of your details (you must use your University email address). An email with your password will then be sent to you. Please note, you will need to allow pop-ups within your web browser once you log in to view the course. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People Management Practices: Equality & Inclusion the Role of the Manager. This two hour briefing is aimed at the Universitys leaders, managers and staff reviewers. It explores the meaning of the terms equality and diversity, gives an overview of the current legal position and works through examples of equality issues at each stage of the employee life cycle i.e. recruitment and selection, induction and probation, ongoing management, career development and leaving the University. For further information and to book a place please visit the SDDU website.
- HR are also able to provide ad-hoc training sessions on request.
You can search for courses run by SDDU on their homepage.