You will need to write a skills profile to join the Redeployment register. It essentially summarises your skills, knowledge and experience. Managers will use this to see if you are a potential match to their job so make sure it highlights your strengths and transferable skills.
You need to fill in every non-shaded section of the skills profile. Your HR Manager can help you fill it in and check it for you, and will fill in the shaded sections.
- Skills profile: outline your current role. Think about: What are you responsible for? Who do you work with? What planning do you do? What decisions do you make?
- Previous roles: outline any previous roles and skills gained from them.
- Any other information: any information that illustrates skills that havent yet been mentioned.
Your HR Contact will then complete your redeployment web summary. This is an overview of your skills and experience and will be the first thing managers read about you on the Redeployment register so it is important that the summary is accurate and that it sells you.
You will need to do a first draft of your skills profile and then your HR Contact will help you to edit it if needed.
Example of a redeployment web summary
I am currently working as a senior manager and have over 10 years experience at the University of Leeds and almost 20 in the Higher Education sector. I have excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build strong and productive relationships and networks both internally and externally. I enjoy communicating with a wide variety of people and have experience of writing clear, concise and persuasive documentation for a variety of purposes and audiences.
My experience includes:
- Staff management
- Managing recruitment processes including assessing role requirements, writing job descriptions, interviewing and selection
- Induction, probation and appraisal
- Disciplinary and sickness management
- Writing and delivering staff training sessions
- Management of change, staff support and development
- Budget management and cost control